Free School Meals from September 2014
From September 2014 all pupils in reception, year 1 and year 2 classes will get a free school meal regardless of their parents income.
Parents who are in receipt of benefits below must still register for free school meals so that their child receives pupil premium funding of £1300 per child this year.
Parents - please ensure that you apply for free school meals if you are on any of the benefits below:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit if income is less than £16,190 and not receiving Working Tax Credit
- The ‘Guaranteed’ element of the State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit
Applications can be made online at www.bradford.gov.uk/schoolmeals