Here are some activities you can choose to do at home to help support your learning at school.
- Read, read, read. We have lots of wonderful books in school for you to buy or borrow. Use the library, the book trees, class books and the book shop regularly.
- Practise your timetables. Practise when you are in the car, eating meals, whenever you have a spare few minutes.
- Practise your spellings. We have lists of spellings your child needs to learn. Ask your teacher for a copy.
- Accelerated Reader. Follow the instructions on our website to access the programme from home.
- My Maths. Follow the instructions on our website to access the programme from home.
- There are lots of opportunities to complete activities on the Whetley Academy Blog.
- Talk, talk, talk. Talk about anything and everything. Ask questions and discuss ideas together.