Key Stage 2 Results 2016
Percentage of children achieving National Expected Standard
NB. In 2016 the children have been tested on a new National curriculum with new testing arrangements.
Reading, Writing and Maths Combined
Grammar, Spelling and Punctuation
These percentages are for all pupils including Roma pupils, several who arrived in Y5/6. Most of our Roma pupils are New to English and new to the English Education system or any education system. Our Roma pupils make good progress but most do not achieve the expected standard due to being New to English, having a low academic level on entry and reduced time in education. The percentage in brackets relates to attainment without the Roma pupils.
Whetley Value Added Progress Measure between KS1 and KS2 2016
Progress scores will be centred around 0, with most schools within the range of -5 to +5.
• A score of 0 means pupils in this school on average do about as well at KS2 as those with similar prior attainment nationally.
• A positive score means pupils in this school on average do better at KS2 as those with similar prior attainment nationally.
• A negative score means pupils in this school on average do worse at KS2 as those with similar prior attainment nationally. A negative score does not mean that pupils did not make any progress, rather it means they made less progress than other pupils nationally with similar starting points.
NB. Includes all NTE/Roma pupils
Whetley Reading Progress
National Reading Progress
National Writing Progress Score
Whetley Maths Progress
National Maths Progress Score
Schools were above their DfE floor target if:
• At least 65% of pupils meet the expected standard in Reading, Writing and mathematics; or
• The school achieves sufficient progress scores in all three subjects and is above the national thresholds in R, W,M.
Whetley Academy was above the thresholds and so met the DfE Progress floor target for 2016.
Percentage Higher Standard in Reading, Writing, Maths KS2
Average Scores in Reading and Maths Test 2016
Link to DfE Compare Schools